One of the many highlights of the 2016 ICD National Conference -- and always one of the highlights of our year -- was the drawing at random of the 10 winners of the Tino Fulimeni Memorial Scholarship.
Once we returned from Mobile, we began the process of contacting the winners and verifying that they met all the qualifying standards. Well, the hay is in the barn, as they say.
Here are your winners of the 2016 Tino Fulimeni Memorial Scholarship. Congratulations to them, their families, and the Career Development Programs, local union and Steelworker districts they represent.
From District 1:
- Melissa Wolf of N. Ridgeville, OH. Melissa is the daughter of USW Local 979 member James Wolf, USW/ArcelorMittal-Cleveland.
From District 4:
- Amanda Haley of Blasdell, NY. Melissa is the daughter of USW Local 135 member Linda Haley, USW/Sumitomo-Buffalo.
From District 7:
- Janisa Velazquez of Highland, IN. Janisa is the daughter of USW Local 1010 member Arlinda Velazquez, USW/ArcelorMittal-Indiana Harbor East.
From District 9:
- Jennifer Brill of Fayetteville, NC. Jennifer is the daughter of USW Local 959 member Kenny Brill, USW/Goodyear-Fayetteville.
- Elisha Scott of Fayetteville, NC is the daughter of USW Local 959 member Connie Washington, USW/Goodyear-Fayetteville.
- Taylor Stanfield of Winter Haven, FL. Taylor is the daughter of USW Local 1055 member Randall Allen, USW/Bridgestone-LaVergne.
From District 10:
- Matthew Brothers of Sarver, PA. Matthew is the son of USW Local 1196 member Leisa Brothers, USW/ATI-Brackenridge.
- Kari Huth of Sarver, PA. Kari is the daughter of USW Local 1196 member Charles Huth, USW/ATI-Brackenridge.
- Robert Jendrejewski of Sarver, PA. Robert is the son of USW Local 1196 member Robert Jendrejewski, USW/ATI-Brackenridge.
- Miranda Reesman of Vandergrift, PA. Miranda is the daughter of USW Local 1138 member George Reesman, USW/ATI-Vandergrift.